Friday, January 5, 2018

The Big Secret!

I have a problem with consistency.  I love the idea. I am a fan, not a performer in this realm.  I want to be consistent, but some deep seeded flaw in me resists.  I don’t know, was it all the running around the neighborhood unsupervised for hours as a child? Is it my tendency to day dream?  Is it my sparkling personality that makes others want to pick up the pieces for me?  Have I ever been consistent? If not, then maybe it’s because I don’t know how great it is.  Either way, I’ve decided to work on being consistent this year.  I feel I will get a lot done if I commit to this venture.  My house will be cleaner, my body thinner, my blog better.

If you really think about it nothing amazing ever happens without consistency.  If you can’t keep up a steady pace at whatever you want to accomplish, it isn’t going to happen. I should know, I’m an expert.  

Weirdly I’ve somehow instilled this priceless little gem into my children.  So much for “you can’t teach what you don’t know”.  Honestly maybe it’s my train wreck of an inconsistent life that inspired them all.  So, whether I did something right or did something wrong…they win!  I have 4 beautiful children.  No, really, they are beautiful. You see the pic.  Everyone of them going for their dreams.  I’ll write about my girls today.  

They started in the 5th and 3rd grade.  One day my oldest girl said: “Mom, I’m gonna be a star someday!”  I said: “Alrighty!”  We started from that time forward to support her and my younger daughter in their “little band” It’s been 9 years and lots of hard work and consistency.  They have practiced and believed in their dream.  They recently signed a record deal and have started the ride of a life time.  There are four girls in the band.  I could write so much about this and probably will.  For now lets just say, it took consistency.  Now that I think about it I have been consistently helping them pursue their dreams.  So I do know how to be consistent!  Now it’s time for me to be consistent in doing the things I want to do.  It’s a strange time, a hard time, an exciting time!


Leave me a message on my About page and tell me what you're going through now in your life.  I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment